4 days Island Hopping, 2 different Islands: Santa Cruz, Isabela
The individual 4 Days / 3 Nights Tour is a great opportunity to see a lot in a limited time. This is our shortest tour which however doesn’t skimp on details or nice places. You can choose between three different hotel categories, from simple and clean accommodations to more luxurious accommodations. This full-service tour allows you to enjoy your vacation stress-free.
- Visit two different islands
- See plenty of native and endemic plant and animal species
- Enjoy unique landscapes
Day 1: Santa Cruz – private tour
You will be picked-up at the airport by your private certified guide. Then, you will take the public bus to the Itabaca Channel, which you will cross on a ferry. Subsequently you will go with the taxi to a ranch in the highlands to see giant tortoises in free environment. After lunch you will continue to Garrapatero Beach where you will have time to swim. The evening is at leisure. You can choose among a lot of restaurants in town for dinner. The “Kiosks” are a great option as well: every night one street in the center of Puerto Ayora is closed to traffic and restaurants put tables and chairs in the street where you can enjoy a typical meal around locals.
Meals included: -/L/- (Lunch)
Day 2: Isabela -shared tour
At 6:30 am we will pick you up at the hotel and accompany you to the harbor, where you will take the shared speed boat at 7:00 am to Isabela (approx. 2-hour ride). Our staff will welcomes you and accompany you to your hotel for check-in. You are free until lunch. We recommend a visit of the flamingo lagoon or the breeding station of turtles. After lunch you will visit the Island Tintoreras islet for a short hike and snorkeling. The Tintoreras tour is not private but takes place with other tourists (max. 16 passengers/boat). You can discover penguins, marine iguanas, sea lions and sharks, which are resting there in the lava channel. Snorkel then in turquoise water and spot different fishes, sea turtles, rays and penguins. The evening is at your free disposal. For dinner we recommend Isabela Grill for the meat lovers, Iguana Point which is along the beach or El Faro restaurant in the center.
Meals included: B/L/- (Breakfast/Lunch)
Day 3: Isabela – shared tour
You have the choice between two shared tours. Please let us know your choice when booking.
Tour 1 – Sierra Negra Volcano: You walk through spectacular lava landscapes and have views of the northern volcanoes of Isabela and Fernandina. The hike to the Sierra Negra Volcano and the Volcano Chico is 16 km long (duration approx. 6 hours), but worth every effort. You see the second largest volcanic crater in the world and explore different vegetation zones. You get a lunch box for the hike.
Tour 2 – Cabo Rosa (Tuneles): You go by boat to Cabo Rosa (45 mn boat ride), where lava has flowed into the ocean and formed beautiful lava tunnels. There you may see penguins, blue-footed boobies and sea turtles. However the Highlight is snorkeling. You have the chance to see sharks, sea turtles, sea lions, rays, seahorses and many tropical fishes. The tour to Cabo Rosa takes about 5 hours. The rest of the day is at leisure. You can enjoy the beautiful beach in Isabela or you can snorkel in the Concha de Perla Lagoon (snorkel equipment in the free time is not included, but can be hired locally).
Meals included: B/L/- (Breakfast/Lunch)
Day 4: Isabela – Baltra – Transfer to the airport
At 5:30 am we will pick you up at your hotel and accompany you to the pier, where you will take the shared speed boat at 6:00 am to Santa Cruz (approx. 2-hour ride). At the harbor our staff will welcomes you and accompany you for breakfast. Afterwards, your driver will bring you to the Itabaca Channel, where you will cross on a ferry. For the last part of your trip to the airport, you will take the public bus. Your driver will accompany you to the check-in at the airport, where your programs ends with the flight back to the mainland. Please take in account that your flight does not depart before 12:30 pm. (There are also flights directly from Isabela to Baltra for an extra charge, if interested please inquire).
Meals included: B/-/-(Breakfast)
The program can change due to National Park rules or meteorological conditions without prior notice.
HOTELS (there are 3 categories of hotels):
1. Tourist class: simple and clean, with private bathroom in each room and hot water such as Casa de Nelly (San Cristobal), Hotel Lobo de Mar (Santa Cruz), Gran Tortuga (Isabela)
2. Tourist superior class hotels: larger rooms, TV, Air-Conditioning such as Pimampiro (San Cristobal), Villa Laguna (Santa Cruz), Beach House (Isabela)
3. First class hotels: superior rooms, TV, Air-Conditioning, well located such as Casa Iguana Mar y Sol (San Cristobal), Angermeyer Waterfront Inn (Santa Cruz), Iguana Crossing (Isabela)
Prices (in USD)
|Hotel category||Tourist class||Tourist superior||First class|
|Price per person in double room||$713,–||$ 877,–||$ 1145,–|
- Prices for min. 2 persons
- Please ask for group rates (from 3+)
- Prices are excluding VAT – If you book from outside Ecuador and pay from outside Ecuador to our bank account in Ecuador VAT will not be added (as of May 2016)
- Prices are valid until December 31st 2017
- daily visits with a Guide certified by the National Park – we use local guides on each island, and you are also assisted by our operation staff on each island (English speaking)
- meals mentioned
- accommodation in double-room (please specify if twin room or double bed needed)
- all transportation on the islands (boat, car) (except transportation during the free time)
- if your tour includes Isabela the tax upon arrival is also included
- snorkeling gear including fins and Wetsuit (shorty 2.5mm) for in the program included water activities (not during free time activities)
- flight from/to mainland (approx. 550$)
- Entrance fee to the Galapagos National Park $100,-** (to be paid upon arrival at the airport – CASH ONLY – There is no ATM at the airport. Please bring enough cash)
- INGALA Migration card $20** to be paid in cash in Quito or Guayaquil airport (Consejo de Gobierno counter, easy to spot in the airport. There you will also have to register your personal details before you will go to the check-in counter of your airline)
- all not mentioned services in the program as well as travel insurance, tips etc
** Prices can change without prior notice from the government authorities
See Our Policies for additional information