4 days Island Hopping, 3 different Islands: San Cristobal, Santa Cruz, 1 uninhabited Island
The individual 4 Days / 3 Nights Tour is a great opportunity to see a lot in a limited time. This is our shortest tour which however doesn’t skimp on details or nice places. You can choose between three different hotel categories, from simple and clean accommodations to more luxurious accommodations. This full-service tour allows you to enjoy your vacation stress-free.
- Visit three different islands
- See plenty of native and endemic plant and animal species
- Enjoy unique landscapes
Day 1: San Cristobal – private tour
You will be picked-up at the airport by your private certified guide and he will take you to the hotel. After your lunch with the guide you will visit the Interpretation Center, where the guide will talk to you about the formation, colonization and the future of the islands. Then you will follow the trail to the Frigate bird hill, a viewpoint from which you can admire beautiful view over the island. You will be able to snorkel the shallow waters of Tijeretas Bay, where you can see sea lions, various tropical fishes, and turtles. Your hike will finish at Carola beach from where you will go back to the hotel.
For dinner, you will have several options in town, from BBQ at the Bambu restaurant or typical Ecuadorian food at Mockingbird as well as delicious sea food at the “El Descanso Marinero”. For pizzas and sandwiches we recommend Calypso.
Meals included: -/L/- (Lunch)
Day 2: Santa Cruz – private tour
At 6:30 am we will pick you up at your hotel and accompany you to the harbor where you will take the shared speed boat at 7:00 am to Santa Cruz (approx. 2-hour ride). Your private local guide will receive you at the harbor and take you to the hotel. After check-in your guide will drive you to a Ranch in the highlands to see giant tortoises in their native environment! After lunch you will stop at Cerro Mesa Reserve, where you can observe a huge crater, a remnant of the time when Santa Cruz was still a volcanic active island. You will continue to Garrapatero Beach where you will have the opportunity to swim. In the evening, you will be free to wander around Santa Cruz. You can choose among a lot of restaurants in town for dinner. The “Kiosks” are a great option as well: every night one street in the center of Puerto Ayora is closed to traffic and restaurants put tables and chairs in the street where you can enjoy a typical meal around locals.
Meals included: B/L/- (Breakfast/Lunch)
Day 3: Uninhabited Island – shared tour
You will participate in a yacht tour to an uninhabited island. That will be either Santa Fé, Plazas, Bartolomé or Seymour. The destination will depend on availability, weekday and program of the National Park. We will let you know immediately at booking which island is available. On Santa Fé and Plazas you can spot endemic land iguanas. Bartolomé is known for beautiful lava sceneries and on Seymour you can see frigate birds, land iguanas and blue-footed boobies. This tour is not a private tour and takes place with other tourists (max. 20 passengers/boat). In the evening you will be able to enjoy some free time in Puerto Ayora.
Meals included: B/L/- (Breakfast/Lunch)
Day 4: Baltra – Transfer to the airport
If there is enough free time until your transfer to the airport we suggest that you visit the Charles Darwin Station (free entrance) or do some souvenir shopping. Your driver will pick you up at your hotel and take you to the Itabaca Channel, which you will cross on a ferry. For the last part of your trip to the airport you will take the public bus. Your driver will accompany you until the check-in where your program ends with your return flight to the mainland.
Meals included: B/- (Breakfast)
The program can change due to National Park rules or meteorological conditions without prior notice.
HOTELS (there are 3 categories of hotels):
1. Tourist class: simple and clean, with private bathroom in each room and hot water such as Casa de Nelly (San Cristobal), Hotel Lobo de Mar (Santa Cruz), Gran Tortuga (Isabela)
2. Tourist superior class hotels: larger rooms, TV, Air-Conditioning such as Pimampiro (San Cristobal), Villa Laguna (Santa Cruz), Beach House (Isabela)
3. First class hotels: superior rooms, TV, Air-Conditioning, well located such as Casa Iguana Mar y Sol (San Cristobal), Angermeyer Waterfront Inn (Santa Cruz), Iguana Crossing (Isabela)
Prices (in USD)
|Hotel category||Tourist class||Tourist superior||First class|
|Price per person in double room||$ 873,–||$ 998,–||$ 1311,–|
- Prices for min. 2 persons
- Please ask for group rates (from 3+)
- Prices are excluding VAT – If you book from outside Ecuador and pay from outside Ecuador to our bank account in Ecuador VAT will not be added (as of May 2016)
- Prices are valid until December 31st 2017
- daily visits with a Guide certified by the National Park – we use local guides on each island, and you are also assisted by our operation staff on each island (English speaking)
- meals mentioned
- accommodation in double-room (please specify if twin room or double bed needed)
- all transportation on the islands (boat, car) (except transportation during the free time)
- if your tour includes Isabela the tax upon arrival is also included
- snorkeling gear including fins and Wetsuit (shorty 2.5mm) for in the program included water activities (not during free time activities)
- flight from/to mainland (approx. 550$)
- Entrance fee to the Galapagos National Park $100,-** (to be paid upon arrival at the airport – CASH ONLY – There is no ATM at the airport. Please bring enough cash)
- INGALA Migration card $20** to be paid in cash in Quito or Guayaquil airport (Consejo de Gobierno counter, easy to spot in the airport. There you will also have to register your personal details before you will go to the check-in counter of your airline)
- all not mentioned services in the program as well as travel insurance, tips etc
** Prices can change without prior notice from the government authorities
See Our Policies for additional information